With still no announcement from Argyll and Bute Council on the action it intended to take against the unlawful felling at Cumberland Avenue, HCWG members collected a petition signed by over 300 local residents, calling on the Council to use all necessary powers at its disposal to ensure that the land was reinstated as an amenity area with suitable replanting for the benefit of local people and the local environment, without any further delay. On 4 December, the petition was personally presented to Councillor Roddy McCuish, then Leader of Argyll and Bute Council, by HCWG Convenor, David Adams
Our goal is to protect this nature conservation site and make it accessible to support the health and wellbeing of our community. Public support is vital to our success. Thank you for your help.
- Castle Woods, Helensburgh – Great News – but we need your help! 22 October 2020
- Community Buy-Out Newsletter No9 30 January 2020
- Thank you Helensburgh! 8 October 2019
- August 2019 update: Community Buy-Out Newsletter No. 8 Published 26 August 2019
- February 2019: Jon Hollingdale, Chief Executive of the Community Woodland Association, to speak at AGM 11 February 2019
- November 2018: Community Buy-Out Newsletter No 5 published 9 November 2018
- April 2018: Spring Newsletter published 3 April 2018
- December 2017: Council’s Area Committee welcomes HCWG’s proposals for land at Cumberland Avenue 3 January 2018
Helensburgh Community Woodlands Group is not responsible for the content of any external websites to which links are provided from this website.