On 18 December 2013, in the absence of appropriate action by landowners, Margery Osborne and Thomas Paterson, Argyll and Bute Council’s Planning, Protective Services and Licensing Committee gave authorisation for the replanting of 28 trees at Cumberland Avenue to be undertaken directly by the Council, with the cost to be subsequently recovered from the landowners. HCWG welcomed this clear determination by the planning authority to ensure full compliance with the official Tree Replacement Notice.
Our goal is to protect this nature conservation site and make it accessible to support the health and wellbeing of our community. Public support is vital to our success. Thank you for your help.
- Open Day 18 August 2021
- Castle Woods, Helensburgh – Great News – but we need your help! 22 October 2020
- Community Buy-Out Newsletter No9 30 January 2020
- Thank you Helensburgh! 8 October 2019
- August 2019 update: Community Buy-Out Newsletter No. 8 Published 26 August 2019
- February 2019: Jon Hollingdale, Chief Executive of the Community Woodland Association, to speak at AGM 11 February 2019
- November 2018: Community Buy-Out Newsletter No 5 published 9 November 2018
- April 2018: Spring Newsletter published 3 April 2018
Helensburgh Community Woodlands Group is not responsible for the content of any external websites to which links are provided from this website.