HCWG learnt with much disappointment that its funding application for £241,000 submitted to the Armed Forces Community Covenant Fund in April had been turned down, even though the application was described as “excellent” by the Board. It became apparent that unwillingness of landowners even to discuss the transfer of the land to HCWG was the principal reason why this important source of Government funding had not been secured for Helensburgh. However, in communicating its decision to HCWG, the Board wrote that “once the issues of ownership of the land and the transfer thereto to your Community Woods Group is firm in this respect, they would be happy to accept a resubmission of your application.”
Our goal is to protect this nature conservation site and make it accessible to support the health and wellbeing of our community. Public support is vital to our success. Thank you for your help.
- Castle Woods, Helensburgh – Great News – but we need your help! 22 October 2020
- Community Buy-Out Newsletter No9 30 January 2020
- Thank you Helensburgh! 8 October 2019
- August 2019 update: Community Buy-Out Newsletter No. 8 Published 26 August 2019
- February 2019: Jon Hollingdale, Chief Executive of the Community Woodland Association, to speak at AGM 11 February 2019
- November 2018: Community Buy-Out Newsletter No 5 published 9 November 2018
- April 2018: Spring Newsletter published 3 April 2018
- December 2017: Council’s Area Committee welcomes HCWG’s proposals for land at Cumberland Avenue 3 January 2018
Helensburgh Community Woodlands Group is not responsible for the content of any external websites to which links are provided from this website.