Following the decision of Scottish Ministers last November to approve HCWG’s application to register a community interest at Cumberland Avenue, we are now planning to hold an open consultative event to discuss how best to turn this neglected area of land into a real environmental asset for everyone’s benefit.
This event will take place on Saturday, 20 May between 3-5 pm at Lomond School Sports Hall on Rhu Road Higher, Helensburgh. All members of the local community are invited to come. We will also be inviting our MSP and newly-elected local councillors.
At the event, we will be particularly keen to gather local views on:
- What kind of trees and shrubs should we aim to plant and where?
- Where should footpaths be provided?
- Should we retain or remove the mounds left from earlier felling?
- Should we create a central open space?
- Are boundary fences needed?
- How can dogs best be managed?
We intend to use all the comments gathered at the event to prepare and publish a detailed management plan for the Cumberland Avenue land.